A Week of Symfony #778 (22-28 November 2021)
This week, Symfony 4.4.35 and 5.3.12 releases were published to address some potential security vulnerabilities. In addition, Symfony 5.4.0-RC1 and 6.0.0-RC1 were published in preparation for their imminent stable release. Lastly, Symfony announced the last days of its Black Friday 2021 deals which end on November 29.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 64 pull requests were merged (41 in code and 23 in docs) and 41 issues were closed (38 in code and 3 in docs). Excluding merges, 22 authors made 2,091 additions and 311 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 0561fb0: [VarExporter] fix exporting declared but unset properties when __sleep() is implemented
- 26faa3a: [Process] exclude argv/argc from possible default env vars
- c552709: [HttpClient] fix closing curl multi handle when destructing client
- a4f132e: [Console] default ansi option to null
- 04b0574: [Cache] fix connecting to local Redis sockets
- c236dfe: [Notifier] fix AllMySms bridge body content
- 21c3dc1: replace PHP_EOL by \n to generate same code on Win/Lin
- d761777: allow v3 contracts where possible
- 5cff780: [Console] add Suggestion class for more advanced completion suggestion
- 4cf8dc3: [FrameworkBundle] fix enable_annotations wrong check for validation config
- 504c051: [Messenger] implement abstract process method for BatchHandlerTrait
- 0ece1c6: [Messenger] reorganize abstract private method
Newest issues and pull requests
SymfonyCasts is the official way to learn Symfony.
Select a track for a guided path through 100+ video tutorial courses about
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates
of the week:
They talked about us
Call to Action