A Week of Symfony #740 (1-7 March 2021)
This week, Symfony 4.4.20 and 5.2.4 maintenance versions were released. Meanwhile, the upcoming Symfony 5.3 version added a Twig serialize filter and decoupled passwords from UserInterface. Lastly, it was decided that Symfony 6 will require PHP 8.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 35 pull requests were merged (26 in code and 9 in docs) and 43 issues were closed (39 in code and 4 in docs). Excluding merges, 23 authors made 16,534 additions and 5,847 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 07d7f6b: [Serializer] zero parts can be omitted in date interval input
- 6d2998e: [DependencyInjection] fix parsing calls of methods named "method"
- 218bf5e: [Translation] deal with indented heredoc/nowdoc tokens
- 869c734: [DependencyInjection, Security] backport psr/container 1.1/2.0 compatibility
- 57fb475: command description consistency
- ea741e6: add missing Belarusian translations
- e781981: add missing Uzbek translations
- 4108cde: [Messenger] document missing SQS option "sslmode"
- 0940043: [Messenger] Doctrine setup with migrations
- 9978ba8: [Messenger] don't lock tables or start transactions
- 0f279b5: [RateLimiter, Security] add a
login_throttling.interval option to change the default throttling interval
- 3a92844: [TwigBridge, TwigBundle] add a Twig serialize filter
- f8e2cff: [FrameworkBundle, Translation] extract translation IDs from all of src
- d752c1e: [Notifier] add "sender" for OvhCloud
- 8de664d: [Security] decouple passwords from UserInterface
Symfony CLI is a must-have tool when developing
Symfony applications on your local machine. It includes the
Symfony Local Server,
the best way to run local Symfony applications. This week Symfony CLI released
its new 4.23.2
version with the following changes:
- Use the user home dir to store temporary files instead of the system temp dir
- Remove errors when auth cannot be automatically renewed
Newest issues and pull requests
They talked about us
Call to Action